The Month of Kislev
Choose the question you want and then stop all of the others.
Kislev is the ninth month of the Jewish calendar year.
The mazal for this month is a bow. In the beginning of the month of Kislev God promised Noach that the world wouldn’t be destroyed by a flood and a rainbow was shown.
The holiday of Chanukah will be 12/6-14. We will be celebrating the miracle of oil for eight days. This light is with us and shared by the Jewish world. What happened in our Jewish history on the 25th of the month of Kislev?
- The mishkan in the desert was finished.
- The rebuilding of the second Holy Temple was celebrated.
- In the year 3597 the Jewish people celebrated Chanukah.
- Read about Chanukah in Russian and English
- Read about the Lessons from the Menorah
Links For The Chanukah holiday:
- Recipes ..Food: Yum Yum ...Latkas and Doughnuts (Sufganiyot)
- The Laws and Customs of our special hoilday lights
- What is a Menorah?
- How to play dreidal?
- Coloring Pages for children
- Send an E-card
- Read Stories: Kharkov 95, Teharan 80, Chanukah in the Soviet Gulag, Grateful Dead concert and Chanukah
- Profit from Loss, Light from Darkness, Chanukah Carols
The Back ground sound is by Rav Leff on the month of Kislev
Listen to more questions and answers by Rav Leff at his site: http://www.rabbileff.net/shiurim/ask/index.htm
Rabbi Leff on Chanukah